Post-Teeth Whitening Protocol
There’s nothing quite like a gorgeous smile, don’t you agree? Dull or discolored teeth can greatly inhibit our ability to remain confident throughout our everyday lives. Fortunately, there are many ways to brighten your smile, leading to a happier you. Teeth whitening is a great option for those who are dissatisfied with the color of their teeth. Here at Park Slope Dentistry, we offer the latest in teeth whitening technology, with Zoom! In-Office or Take-Home Teeth Whitening. Whichever method of whitening you choose, there are certain post-whitening steps to take to ensure that your smile stays as bright as it possibly can for years to come. After all, even freshly whitened teeth can be discolored by such things as red wine and coffee.
To ensure that your Park Slope Dentistry Zoom! Teeth Whitening procedure lasts for as long as possible, follow these simple guidelines:
- Continue to practice normal dental hygiene habits. Here at Park Slope Dentistry, we recommend brushing and flossing at least twice per day to help remove surface stains and to prevent plaque buildup and discoloration.
- Utilize whitening toothpaste once per week to keep upthe Zoom! Teeth Whitening effect.
- Limit your intake of darkly colored food and beverages such as coffee, red wine, or brightly colored hard candies. These foods and drinks are notorious for staining your teeth, leading to a duller smile.
- Rinse after consuming stain-causing foods and drink. At Park Slope Dentistry, we encourage rinsing your mouth after every meal to dislodge any leftover particles and this is especially important if you’re concerned about maintaining the brightness of your smile.
- Snack on healthy and crunchy foods to help keep the surface of your teeth clean and sparkling. The natural abrasion of apples, carrots, or broccoli can help to do this.
- Continue seeing your dentist regularly for routine cleaning. Whether you spend an hour at Park Slope Dentistry for our in-office teeth whitening treatment or you bring the take-home teeth whitening system home with you, you should continue to see your dentist semi-annually for a regular cleaning to ensure that your teeth are healthy, strong, and beautiful.
With these simple tips, you can prolong the effects of your Zoom! Teeth Whitening procedure and lead a brighter, more confident life!